Position Title: Receptionist/Scheduler
Location: Lower Sioux Indian Community, Morton, MN
Reports to: Health Finance Manager and Health & Clinic CEO
Hours: 30-40 per week
Salary: Commensurate upon experience
Any employment offer is contingent on results of a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment
American Indian/Alaska Native preference applies for equally qualified candidates
The Receptionist/Scheduler/Support Staff provides assistance to patients, visitors, providers and staff with telephone answering, patient registration and appointment scheduling. Position involves both, front-desk reception and telephone answering and scheduling duties for dental, medical, optical, community health and pharmacy areas. Is the first point of contact on the telephone and in person and must present a positive, friendly attitude to all.
- High school diploma or successful completion of a GED.
- Experience in health care is strongly preferred.
- Experience with customer service, telephone etiquette and computer skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Knowledge and experience working with Native American communities, culture and tribal programs preferred.
- Requires physical mobility, including reaching, grabbing, bending, twisting, lifting, and fine motor skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in an area with multiple requests and distractions.
- Upon hire, must complete online training course required by Indian Health Service and Lower Sioux with on the Health Insurance Accountability & Portability Act (HIPAA).
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn electronic programs for patient scheduling (Allscripts, Eagle Soft, Epic)
- Must have current driver’s license, reliable personal transportation, proof of current insurance coverage, and insurability under the tribe’s auto insurance policy.
- Must pass a requisite background check and pre-employment drug screening.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arrives on-time to work assuring assure patient schedules are maintained.
- Maintains patient schedule by checking in and notifying appropriate department of patient waiting.
- Schedules follow up appointments as needed.
- Gathers requisite patient data in a confidential manner.
- Communicates with patients about delays and answers questions.
- Organizes patient information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Assists with provider/staff referrals; faxing, mailing and telephone communication.
- Interfaces with other departments in appropriate manner to facilitate patient care.
- Returns patient calls in a timely manner.
- Provides patient and family directions.
- Delivers mail/packages within the facility and to/from community locations and post office.
- Communicates with appropriate care givers as needed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, privacy and dignity at all times.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and public areas.
- Complies with OSHA standards for safety and infection prevention.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of Lower Sioux Health Care Center and the Lower Sioux Indian Community.
- Maintains a customer and patient focus.
- Represents Lower Sioux Health Care Center and the Lower Sioux Indian Community in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Participates in governance, practice, and quality initiatives.
- Supports initiatives of the Lower Sioux Health Care Center leadership and the Lower Sioux Indian Community Tribal Council.
- Communicates openly and honestly with providers, leadership and coworkers to support high quality patient care.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing requests for supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Follows dress code and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed
- Provides basic disinfection of reception area.
- Request’s maintenance and housekeeping needs of the work area.
- Acts in a respectful manner and maintain a professional demeanor and presentation at all times.
- Assists in community events such as health fair, community dinners and other activities.
- Completes additional clerical work to support other departments such as filing, scanning, copying, organizing and filing.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Questions may be directed to:
Darin Prescott, DNP, MBA, RN
Health & Clinic CEO