Location: Lower Sioux Health Care Center, Lower Sioux Indian Community, Morton, MN
Reports to: Lower Sioux Health Care Center CEO
Salary: 13.50 to $14.21 per hour depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week
Opening Date: October 17, 2019
Closing Date: November 1, 2019
- Any employment offer is contingent on results of a drug and alcohol test and a health care background check as required by Centers for Medicare Services, as a condition of obtaining employment
- American Indian/Alaska Native preference applies to equally qualified candidates
- Position may qualify for Indian Health Service Student Loan Repayment program – candidate to investigate opportunity
The Optical Retail Specialist maintains a retail environment and assists customers in the selection and purchase of eyewear and other retail sales. Is responsible for maintaining a designated inventory of merchandise. Participates in training and quality programs as required and recommended by regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Experience as an optician in retail optical setting or other experience preferred.
- Retail customer services and leadership experience preferred.
- Graduate of an optical training program with certification as an optician by a program accredited by the Commission on Optician Accreditation (COA) preferred.
- Ability to manage a retail setting and manage time effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing or orally.
- Knowledge and experience working with Native American communities, culture, and customs.
- Must pass a requisite background check.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Outlook and other programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes prescriptions from ophthalmologists and optometrists to dispense eye glasses.
- Gathers patient information including what the glasses will be used for, level of activity and facial features.
- Works with the Health Finance Manager to assure inventory and sales are optimized.
- Develops targeted marketing campaigns to maintain and increase sales.
- Makes recommendations to the patient on types of frames and lenses.
- Measures facial points to assure glasses fit.
- Sends eye glass orders to a dispensing optician.
- Verifies completed eyeglasses meet order specifications.
- Adjusts glasses to the client’s face, bending the frames to ensure a fit.
- Communicates with vendors, customers and members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates customer service skills at point of sale.
- Maintains suitable inventory of eyeglasses and other retail items.
- Maintains a clean, safe, comfortable environment for customers, patients, visitors, and staff.
- Complies dress code and maintains a professional image.
- Attends and participates in various meetings including staff, care conferences, approved workshops and trainings.
- Adheres to ethical standards of business.
- Assumes responsibility for self development. Participates in continuing education programs, workshops and conferences and adheres to licensing requirements.
- Maintains customer/client confidentiality and adheres to the confidentiality of all internal information per tribe’s HIPAA policy.
- Serves as a professional resource for staff and community members.
- Demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills in communicating with patients, clients, families and co-workers.
- Develops and maintains a knowledge of medical terminology, health conditions, and anatomy.
- Respects the dignity and worth of all people; valuing cultural and individual preferences.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Please submit letter (email) of interest and questions may be directed to:
Darin Prescott, DNP, MBA, RN
Director of Health/Clinic CEO