“Wicozani Oi Hduhe”- Healthy Lifestyle
We provide expert nutrition education, based on the most recent evidenced based recommendations across the lifespan.
Goals of the Lower Sioux Nutrition Services include:
- To provide culturally appropriate nutrition education for all clients
- To provide respectful, knowledgeable advice on healthy eating and lifestyle habits
- To prevent nutrition related diseases within all stages of life
- To provide Medical Nutrition Therapy for treatment of all nutrition related diseases
Physical Address: 39648 Res. Hwy 3, Morton, MN 56270
Mailing Address: 39527 Res. Hwy 1, Morton, MN 56270
Phone: (507) 697-8945 Phone
Fax: (507) 697-8911 fax
Monday- Friday: 8:30 am -4:30 pm
Walk in’s are welcome, but not guaranteed. Appointments are recommended.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Individualized, one on one assistance for weight loss, or weight management
- Individualized Medical Nutrition Therapy for many conditions such as celiac disease, high cholesterol, heart health and Diabetes
- Diabetes Prevention for all ages
- Grocery Store tours
- Menu planning and shopping tips
- Elderly Nutrition Program
- Other Nutrition related services as requested
Eligibility Requirements for services:
- Lower Sioux Community Member
- Enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe, living within the service area. Service area includes Redwood and Renville Counties and is defined as, living within a 10 mile radius of the Lower Sioux Indian Community.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy appointments with Stacy are now available to the public at the Lower Sioux Health Care Center!