The mission of the health department is to provide for the operation and administration of all health related services. This includes providing opportunities for involving Indian people in defining and meeting their own health needs.
The Lower Sioux Indian Community administers a Health Services Program consisting of the following components.
- Contract Health Services
- Community Health Nursing
- Health Promotion/Disease Prevention
- Diabetes Coordinator
- Dietitian Services
We service the counties of Redwood and Renville within a 10-mile radius.
Scope of Services
- Home monitoring of vital signs
- Wound Care
- Diabetes Care
- Receive referrals from physicians, counties, and hospital discharges
- Individualized plans of care for specific needs
- Monthly education meetings
- Blood pressure & diabetes screenings are available during regular business hours in our office
- Assist members with insurance questions
- Flu immunizations are done annually
- Annual Health Fair
- Health management
- Health education
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm