The safety of our patients and employees is the Lower Sioux Health Care Center’s top priority. We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are acting based on guidance from public health experts, such as the Centers of Disease and Control (CDC).
Creating a Safe Environment
In order to maintain a safe environment and address patient and community concerns, we are taking measures including:
- Screening Tool – asking three questions regarding travel and symptoms prior to appointments keeps patients and employees safe
- Enhanced cleaning measures – increased cleaning measures are present at the Lower Sioux Health Care Center to prevent the spread of germs.
- Additional antibacterial products – alcohol-based cleaners are present in lobby and all exam rooms to employees and patients.
- Waiving cancellation policy if the patient needs to reschedule due to illness – with the screening tool, if a patient is asked to stay home due to an illness, the cancellation policy is waived.
Things you can do to stay healthy and prevent spreading germs:
- Wash hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based cleanser
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- If you are sick, stay home from school or work