Welcome! Thank you for trusting your medical & dental care to Lower Sioux Health Care Center owned and operated by the Lower Sioux Indian Community in the State of Minnesota, a sovereign and federally recognized Indian tribe (“Center”). We strive to provide excellent care to you and to all our patients. When you schedule an appointment with the Center, we set aside enough time to provide you with the highest quality care. Consistent with this, we have developed policies that better allow us to schedule patient appointments. Should you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please contact our office as soon as possible, and no later than one business day prior to your scheduled appointment. This allows us time to schedule other patients who might be on our wait list. This policy was effective in February 2020 but was suspended due to COVID-19 disruption of services. The LSHCC is reimplementing this policy. Please review our cancellation/no show policy below:
- Effective October 16, 2020 any established patient who fails to show or cancels/reschedules an appointment and has not contacted our office at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to your scheduled appointment will be considered a no call/no show and charged a fee. Example: if your appointment is at 3:00 pm on a Friday, you must call before 3:00 pm the prior day (Thursday).
- Call (507) 697-8600. If there is no answer, choose option 1.
- The fee for transportation appointments is $15 per appointment
- The fee for medical appointments is $35 per appointment
- The fee for dental appointments is $50 per appointment
- Please keep in mind these charges are per scheduled appointment. (ex. John Doe has a medical appointment for himself and a dental appointment for his minor child. If neither patient shows up for their respective appointments, there would be fees assessed. The total amount would be $85.00 [$35.00 for John’s medical appointment and $50.00 for the child’s dental appointment]). As a courtesy, we will call two (2) days prior to the scheduled appointment to remind you of the scheduled appointment(s). If the patient’s primary phone # is disconnected or voicemail box is full/not up to date and we are not able to contact you or leave a message, the above policy will still apply.
- If you are late to your appointment by 10 minutes or more it will be documented as a no call/no show and the above policy shall apply.
- This policy does not apply when the Center cancels an appointment.
FOR QUALIFIED MEMBERS AND THEIR DEPENDENTS
- You will be sent a bill for applicable no call/no show fee(s). You will have 30 days from the billing statement to pay.
- If you have not made payment within 30 days, the Center will notify the Community’s Finance Department, and the no call/no show fee(s) will be deducted (set-off), from the Qualified member’s monthly per capita check pursuant to the Gaming Revenue Allocation Ordinance.
NON-MEMBER EMPLOYEES AND NON-QUALIFIED MEMBER EMPLOYEES
- You will be sent a bill for applicable no call/no show fee(s). You have 30 days from the billing statement to pay.
- If you have not made payment within 30 days, the Center will engage in collection activities in accordance with applicable law.
We understand there may be times when unforeseen circumstances arise, which prohibits the scheduled appointment(s) from being cancelled within the allotted time. In these instances, please contact our Health Finance Manager to discuss whether your situation qualifies for a waiver of the no call/no show fee(s). Waivers may be approved for things such as: hospitalization, death in the immediate family or a weather-related emergency. Approval of waivers are at the sole discretion of the Health Finance manager.