The arrival of the ENP van will now make it possible for Elder’s needing transportation to and from Jackpot Junction to enjoy their meal with other Elder’s in the Dining room for congregate services!
- The van is also handicap accessible, which will allow room for those Elder’s requiring their wheelchair for transporting to the meal service at Jackpot Junction.
- Please call Gayle McCorkell at: 697-8016 if you would like to be transported to Jackpot Junction dining room for your meal service.
The van will be utilized first and foremost for transporting Elder’s to Jackpot Junction for their lunch, and for meal delivery. However, the van may be utilized for local grocery shopping trips, during non-meal service hours. For insurance liability purposes, the van may only be driven by a Lower Sioux Community staff member. The following are the dates scheduled for Grocery Store trips in April:
- Wednesday, April 1st pick up from home at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 15th pick up from home at 2:00 p.m.
Please call Gwen at: 697-6192 and leave a message to reserve your grocery store trip.
- First come, first serve, maximum of 7 adults.
- Those who wish to reserve transportation to grocery stores must be 18 years of age or older.
- Deadline to reserve your seat must be made by 11:00 a.m. on day of grocery store trip.
Lower Sioux Elder Nutrition Title VI Goals:
- To provide an opportunity for tribal elders to access healthy meals, nutrition screening and education, and provide a social outlet for elders to meet with their friends, learn, and remain engaged in their community.